The John B. Aird Gallery is not accepting submissions at this time.
Thank you for your interest.
About the Art Auction Fundraiser
Objectives: To raise funds needed for the Aird Gallery’s year-round programming (12-13 exhibitions per year) and to increase the visibility of the gallery, the participating artists and organizations, while remaining free of charge to the public.
Format: An exhibition and silent auction of small artworks in two or three dimensions no larger than 24” or 61 cm (framed) in any dimension. A Preview Period precedes the auction night. During the preview, art works can be purchased if a buyer pays the full retail price.
Location: John B. Aird Gallery, 906 Queen Street West, B05, Toronto, ON, M6J 1G6
Artwork: Artists are invited to provide small affordable artworks. Submissions in a range of media including fine, decorative and functional works of art and craft are encouraged. Artists are welcome to submit up to three works. The Gallery’s preference is for work priced between $200 – $600 retail
- As a not-for-profit, charitable gallery, artists are encouraged to donate 100% of art sale(s) to the Gallery. Tax Receipts provided for 100% donation.
- Artists may also opt to donate 60% of their art sale(s) to the Gallery and receive 40%.
- Artworks must have a reserve bid of at least 40-50% of the selling Price.
- Please note that sales are not guaranteed.
- Artworks must be delivered on Saturday, November 30, 2019, 10 am – 2 pm.
- The John B. Aird Gallery reserves the right to decline work that is deemed inappropriate under the Ontario Human Rights Code.
- Fine Art Insurance is provided by the Gallery. The policy requires payment of a $1,000 deductible on each insurance claim. Artist(s) wanting to process a claim must pay the $1,000 deductible. Losses, damage or liability claims under $1,000 are the responsibility of the exhibiting artist(s).
- Digital invitations to Mistletoe Magic will be available for promotion.
- Artists will be contacted if their artwork(s) are not sold.
- Unsold works must be picked up on Sunday, December 15, 2019, 12 pm – 3 pm.
Sunday, November 24, 2019
PREVIEW AND PRE-BIDDING
Thursday, December 5 to Thursday, December 12, 2019
GALA FUNDRAISER NIGHT
Thursday, December 12, 2019, 6 to 8 pm
DELIVERY OF WORKS
Artworks must be delivered to the John B. Aird Gallery, 906 Queen Street West, Toronto on Saturday, November 30, 2019 between 10 am and 2 pm
PICK-UP OF ARTWORKS
Sunday, December 15, 2019, noon – 3 pm