The John B. Aird Gallery is not accepting submissions at this time.
Thank you for your interest.
About the Art Auction Fundraiser
To raise funds needed for the Aird Gallery’s year-round programming (12-13 exhibitions per year) and to increase the visibility of the gallery, the participating artists and organizations, while remaining free of charge to the public.
Format: An exhibition and a silent auction of small artworks in two or three dimensions no larger than 24” or 61 cm (framed) in any dimension. A Preview Period precedes the auction night. During the preview, artworks can be purchased if a buyer pays the full retail price.
Preview and Pre-Bidding:
Gala Fundraiser Night:
Location: 906 Queen Street West
Artwork: Artists are invited to provide small affordable artworks. Submissions in a range of media including fine, decorative and functional works of art and craft are encouraged. Artists are welcome to submit up to three works. The Gallery’s preference is for work priced between $200 – $600 retail.
HOW TO ENTER
- Entry fee: $50.00, the fee covers entry of up to 2 works per artist and helps our not-for-profit gallery create an online exhibition/art book.
- UPLOAD ENTRY MATERIALS via the JOTFORM below.
- Include jpegs no larger than 1.5 MB with a 300 DPI.
- Please name your files in the order of last name, first name, and title. Example: Smith, John, My Beautiful Tulips.
HOW TO PAY
- The non-refundable entry fee of $50.00 is to be paid when you submit your jpegs.
- Pay via online banking using INTERAC E-Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This fee covers entry of up to two works per artist and helps our not-for-profit gallery create an online exhibition/art book and to continue delivering diverse and excellent exhibitions.
DEADLINE: Friday, September 18, 2020, by midnight
Selected artists will be notified by September 30, 2020.
Launch: Thursday, October 22, 2020
The Aird will facilitate online sales and asks for a 30% donation to the gallery.
The artist and buyer will coordinate shipping.